Saturday 16 January 2010

Some Lovely Links

Here, in no particular order, are a few links to things I've liked this week.

Kate Fox did an interesting blog post about the Tories' ludicrous idea that arts funding in future should depend more on philanthropy. The bit about The Secret Millionaire is particularly good.

Via Arwyn at Raising My Boychick, I was introduced to one of the best-written blogs I've seen yet, by Little Light. I particularly recommend her New Year's Day entry, and consummation, though the second piece especially should come with a trigger warning: if you consider yourself a writer, and you read it, you will probably, like me, spend the rest of the day gnashing your teeth and muttering why can't I write anything that good?

Five Chinese Crackers aired the frighteningly plausible idea that the Daily Mail's coverage of the Haitian earthquake was researched using only 'DVDs of The Serpent and the Rainbow and Live and Let Die, and a Papa Shango action figure.'

Neil Gaiman and Amanda Fucking Palmer announced their engagement.

And - yes! You, too, could make your house look like Moomin Valley!

No comments:

Post a Comment